Saturday, February 11, 2006

Short Stack (2/12)

In the last few days, I've introduced the concept of name reduction. For example, take the name WILL FERRELL, reduce every repeating letter to one of its kind, then alphabetize the entire list. You'll get the following string of letters: E F I L R W.

In the following puzzle, I'll start you off with the strings of letters, and it will be your job to work your way back to the original actors' names. Don't worry, I'll give you the number of letters in the first and last name in parentheses. This is still an experimental puzzle, so tell me what you think. I'm keeping it short because of that. Good luck!

1) A H M N R T U (3, 7)
2) A D E N O R T W (6, 6)
3) D E G L N R S (5, 9)
4) A B E H L R Y (5, 5)
5) A B D E I N R S T (6, 9)

More to come...


Click here for the answers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home