Sunday, September 18, 2005

Arrgh, Matey! (9/19)

First, read the paragraph. The instructions come afterward.

The crudely painted skull and crossbones flag fluttered in the wind, snapping out the remaining seconds of my life. I stood at the edge of a sea-worn plank, my hands bound, my body thin and weak. Worse, I could already see a shark fin in the distance. It was a _______ situation, no doubt, one that my dirty, sea-going friends were quite familiar with. The _______ pirates yelled and cackled, laughing and jeering as one prodded me into the water...

Fill in the two blanks in the above paragraph with two words which meet the following requirements:

1) each word must contain each of the vowels exactly once (that is, A, E, I, O, and U).

2) both words must rhyme with one another.

Can you spell this man's doom?


Click here for the answers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Wilson said...

Stay at home moms find job flexibilty with virtual agencies
There's a good piece in the Des Moines Register's Careers section about a topic close to our ... It's the arrangement that the folks at Blogging Baby have with Weblogs, Inc.

Jerry Wilson
Editor & Producer
Vegas Buzz News / Radio
www.vegasbuzzz.com
www.vegasbuzzradio.com
www.vegasnews.squarespace.com

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home