Sunday, March 05, 2006

What in the World Was I Thinking? (3/5)

(Originally pulished in the March 2006 issue of Knucklebones magazine, copyright reserved)

I wrote several lists of related items as a stream-of-consciousness exercise. However, when I looked over what I had written, the middle item in each triplet had been smudged off. I remember that each was a famous person, and enough of them remained to allow me to put Xs and blanks for the letters in their names.

For example: TEXAS <– _ _ _ _ _ _ _ XXXXXXX –> THE BODYGUARD

Luckily, I remember this one. Texas made me think of Houston (the word related to the left side always goes in the boxes). Then Houston made me think of Whitney Houston and her role in The Bodyguard. So my chain became Texas - Whitney Houston - The Bodyguard. The Xs always relate to the word(s) on the left while the entire name relates to the word(s) on the right.

Can you figure out what else I was thinking?

1) FLORIDA <– XXXXXXX _ _ _ _ _ –> LORD OF THE RINGS
2) LEGISLATION <– XXXX _ _ _ _ _ _ _ –> LEWINSKY
3) LOUIS XIV <– _ _ _ _ _ _ _ XXXX –> INSOMNIA
4) 24 HOURS <– _ _ _ _ _ _ XXX _ _ _ _ _ _ _ –> JUSTICE
5) SOUP CREATOR <– _ _ _ _ _ _ XXXXXXXX –> MYTHOLOGY
6) CHRISTMAS PLANT <– _ _ _ _ _ XXXXX –> CRICKETS
7) CAR TOOL <– XXXX _ _ _ _ _ _ _ –> BEAT
8) PEANUT BUTTER
CANDY INVENTOR <– XXXXX _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ –> CRUEL INTENTIONS
9) ANCIENT TURKEY <– XXXX _ _ _ _ _ –> FOOTBALL
10) OLD TUNA FISH
CARTOON <– XXXXXXX _ _ _ _ _ _ _ –> SILENT


Click here for the answers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home